Our main transport destinations are the Democratic Republic of Congo (Katanga), Zambia and Malawi via the Dar es Salaam Corridor and Democratic Republic of Congo (Kivu), Rwanda and Burundi via the Central Corridor.
Job Posting # SLS-2017-002 (This is very important when applying)
Vacant Positions : Assistant Fleet Manager - 2 Positions
We are looking for a reliable Assistant Fleet Manager to be responsible for the management of trucks and drivers. You will organize and monitor the allocation of trucks and drivers on different routes and report back to the Fleet Manager. The goal is to manage the entire cargo movement cycle so as to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
- Liaise with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers
- Keep track of quality, quantity, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Arrange and plan routes and process shipments
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints
- Supervise, coach and train truck drivers on better cargo and truck management
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Comply with laws, regulations and ISO requirements
- Proven working experience as an Assistant Fleet Manager
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
- Understanding of Border Clearance Procedures and Documentation (You will be asked to name each kind of document shown)
- Understanding of the Geography of East Africa. (You will be asked to name important towns on a map of East and Central Africa)
- Understanding of Port Operations and all internationally known INCOTERMs.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- A first degree in Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain Management from an accredited institution.
- Strong Command of the English Language
- Strong Command in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- A minimum of 3-5 Years’ experience working with private sector organizations who have more than 30 full-time employees on their payroll.
Detailed Responsibilities will include:
- Tracking outbound and inbound shipments
- Physically calling drivers and updating positions of trucks not on GRPS belonging to sub-contractors.
- Liaising with border clearing agents on clearance of the trucks and status for departure
- Updating the data in the ERP system to ensure daily updates and correct information on position of trucks.
- After completion of updating data in the internal system, to prepare individual tracking reports in excel for each customer separately.
- Ensuring all fuel dispatched are having fuel orders and correct signatories to avoid fuel discrepancies.
- Updating and reconciling supplier statements for fuel to ensure correct invoicing and entry into system for finance department.
- Sending requisition to various suppliers for trucks in transit.
- On call with drivers’ to resolve road problems and breakdowns.
- On call with clients and updating them on the position of trucks.
- On call with workshop department on updating trucks ready for allocation, assisting in breakdowns of trucks in transit.
- Ensure collection of POD’S of cargo both outbound and inbound from drivers and preparing relevant documentation for Finance Department to proceed with invoicing. (Some documents are usually missing which must be followed up strictly with the clearing agents.
- Ensure each truck departing from yard have all valid permits i.e SUMATRA, INSURANCE, MOTOR VEHICLE, MAPATA and USALAMA to avoid hefty fines on roads for no reason.
- Liaising with licensing department on permits which needs renewal and expired.
- Assisting licensing department with applications of relevant permits i.e Motor vehicles, C.28’s.
- Writing allowance, trip deposits and return mileage petty cash vouchers. Need reconciling prior writing to ensure cash records are in place and if the driver is being owed by the office and to settle the balance.
- Writing petty cash vouchers for loadings, weighbridge and fines on the roads.
- Liaising with various clients for return loads to ensure maximum revenue to the company and tonnages to be uplifted.
To apply, please visit our website CLICK HERE and follow the instructions.