Job title: Operations Officer
Location: Dar es salaam
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the incumbent is responsible for coordinating courier and logistics for their clients. They deal directly with clients, carriers and different departments within the company. They are required to manage operations effectively and efficiently and to consistently ensure that clients are satisfied. Upon request, they will perform all other tasks related to this position.
Minimum Qualification: Diploma
- Experience Level: Executive level
- Experience Length: 1 year
- Ensures that all services are delivered according to client’s standards, specifications and KPIs;
- Drive, monitor, enhance, and Develop business
- Analyzes client requests and propose appropriate solutions.
- Ensures that operations requested by the client comply with transportation standards.
- Coordinates the client’s credit analysis with the Accounting Department.
- Conducts necessary research with carriers (all modes) in order to respond adequately to client requests and, if necessary, seeks assistance from his team leader.
- Selects carriers and vendors according to clients’ needs and specified criteria.
- Prepares proposals for clients based on all their specifications, validates terms and obtains necessary approvals.
- Follows procedures established by the department.
- Validates method of payment with the client.
- Handles pick-ups and deliveries according to clients’ SOP requirements and conducts audits of internal procedures;
- Manages daily priorities related to the logistics and operations of his clients’ cargo, and ensures all required documents are completed with precision.
- Processes required shipping documents with a high degree of accuracy. Tracks and traces the client’s cargo and keeps him informed in real-time of the status of his shipment.
- Suggests solutions when operations problems arise.
- Complies with the SOP (client’s operating procedures).
- Offers the best solutions to clients and acts in a way that ensures their loyalty;
- Liaises with the different parties. Proactively identifies potential problems and ensures the situations are resolved as quickly as possible, keeping the client informed and supporting him in finding solutions.
- Participates in meetings required by the employer;
- Maintains good relations with colleagues and positively contributes to the work environment
- Collects and shares relevant information about clients, work tools, forms and data with all internal parties.
- Complies with company policies and procedures
- Diploma in logistics and supply chain management or equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a similar position;
- Experience managing freight/cargo/courier;
- Experience and solid proficiency in Incoterms (internationally accepted commercial terms defining the respective roles of buyer and seller in the arrangement of transportation and other responsibilities and clarifying when the risk/liability for the merchandise transfers from seller to buyer);
- Bilingual (Kiswahili– English) (verbal and written); (advanced level essential);
- Proficiency in MS-Office suite;
- Minimum knowledge of customs procedures and customs duties (desirable);
- Good geographical knowledge
- Focus on client service
- Communication skills;
- Ability to manage multiple files simultaneously in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Organization skills;
How to Apply
Please manually apply for this job using the details below:
Send your application letter, CV to email@example.com by 06th November 2019.
When applying do quote the post you are applying for in the Subject.