Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km from Mwanza City and 20 km South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 km west of the fast growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position mentioned below:
Position: Superintendent UG Planning.
Job Number: GGM-2019-XMT-06
Number of Positions: (1 Position)
Works For: Senior Manager – Technical Services
Qualifications: BSc Mining Engineering
Minimum 10 years’ experience working in Hard Rock Mechanized UG Mines The primary role is to produce mine designs and schedules for the underground mine to meet budget physicals in a manner consistent with Company’s Vision and Values
Purpose of the Role:
Producing plans and designs to support all mining functions of the underground Producing production forecast and budget for the underground mine Integrating all mining functions including grade control and exploration Provide cross-functional technical and cost inputs into in relation to mining and infrastructure studies and continuous improvement projects.
- Development of plans to support the execution of the strategies to optimize the productivity and profitability of the underground mining operations Deliver physicals schedule and cost schedule for the underground mine with accuracy commensurate with the confidence of the reserve or resource for the full asset life.
- Deliver ail work packages required for the underground mine production department
- Develop systems for the mining department work, integrating processes managed at the superintendent level to provide effective planning of work, efficient and safe work practices, and monitoring
- Drive value creation across the mining department by implementing continuous improvement in line with Operational Excellence.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with colleagues, business partners, regulators, government and other stakeholders, utilizing these relationships to successfully resolve issues if, or when, they arise
Manage a team of Planning Engineers, Mining Engineers and Graduate Engineers
Build organizational capability within the planning workgroup (people & organizational structure, personnel, and contractors) to successfully deliver the Underground Mining Department budget and Life of Mine plan.
- Proficient in Studio 5D Planner, EPS, MSO, Vulcan
- Reserve block model conversions
- Ability to visualize and communicate mine designs using specialized mine design software.
- Leadership Competencies
- Provide a safe work environment, implement and deliver compliance with SHE&C plans, management systems and processes within the planning group.
- Accountable for applying Management and People Practices
- Personal Effectiveness Appraisal & Review
- Coaching and Training
- Strong interpersonal, communication and motivating skills Communicating in multiple layers.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other departments.
Tanzanian driver’s license
Mode of Application:
Application cover letter (Subject should be Superintendent UG Planning/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address.
You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Senior Manager Human Resources,
Geita Gold Mining Ltd,
NB: Internal applicants may submit applications to departmental HR Officer.
All internal applications must be endorsed by the applicant’s head of department.