Simba Logistics Ltd was established in 2008 and boasts a total fleet size of 150 heavy duty vehicles that ply the Dar es Salaam and the Central Corridors. Our transport fleet includes flatbeds, drawbars, and low beds. Most of the tractor heads in the fleet are HOWO SINOTRUK 6x4 coupled with 4 Axle Simba Trailer Drawbar Units. The company has a total of 220 employees.
Our main transport destinations are the Democratic Republic of Congo (Katanga), Zambia and Malawi via the Dar es Salaam Corridor and Democratic Republic of Congo (Kivu), Rwanda and Burundi via the Central Corridor.
Job Posting # SLS-2017-001 (This is very important when applying)
Vacant Positions: Accountant (Payables Section) x 1, Accountant (Receivables Section) x 1
We are looking for a qualified Accountant to handle prepare, compute, manage, research and analyze all accounting data, in order to provide quantitative information on performance, financial position, solvency, liquidity and cash flows of our business.
- Manage all accounting operations based on accounting principles
- Prepare budget and financial forecasts
- Conduct month-end and year-end close process
- Collect, analyze and summarize account information
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns, balance sheet, profit/loss statement etc
- Develop periodic reports for management
- Audit financial transactions and document accounting control procedures
- Keep information confidential and secure them with random database backups
- Keep up with financial policies, regulation and legislation
- Proven working experience as a cost accountant or in a relevant field
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures
- Excellent accounting software user
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- ACCA or NBAA is a requirement (You will be asked to sit a past ACCA paper in our final round of interviews, so be prepared)
- Strong Command of the English Language
- Strong Command in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- A minimum of 3-5 Years’ experience working with private sector organizations who have more than 30 full-time employees on their payroll.
Detailed Responsibilities will include:
Maintenance of Age Wise Debtors and Creditors
o To reconcile Supplier and Customer Accounts and follow up with Customers for payments.
Maintenance of Tax Files
o Vat Returns, Payroll, SDL & PAYE, WCF, NSSF, City Service Levy, P9 P10 Returns etc.
Maintenance of Sales File
o All Zero Rated and Standard Rated Sales Invoice along with PODs and Sales Reconciliation Statement as per Vat returns.
Maintenance of Purchase Files
o All Zero-Rated Purchase and Standard Rated Purchase Invoices
Maintenance of Expenses File o Road Toll Receipts, Road Permit Receipts, Visa/Permit Receipts, Safari Allowances, Payment Vouchers, COMESA Receipts, City Council Receipts, Chemical and Export Permits, Travelling Expenses, Insurances, etc.
Maintenance of Fixed Assets File
o Prepare 3 sets of all Addition/Disposal Asset documents file.
Maintenance of Bank Files
o Bank Statement File, Cheque Payment Vouches, Bank Loan Statements, Bank Facilities, Monthly Bank Reconciliation etc.
Posting of Daily transactions
o To write cheques, cash payments, GRNs, Requisitions, Journals, Sales Invoice
o To prepare Admin payroll and receive the Workshop and Drivers payroll from the particular department.
How To Apply:
To apply, please visit our website CLICK HERE and follow the instructions.