Tender: Interagency Child Protection Assessment Consultant - Save The Children
Type: National and International
Humanitarian Agencies in Kigoma region: Inter-agency Child protection working group (CPWG) have been delivering child protection services for both Congolese and Burundian Refugees since 1995 and 2015 in Kigoma Region, Tanzania. The interagency CPWG working group comprises of UNHCR, UNICEF. MHA and Social Welfare office at regional ad district level, Save the Children, Plan International, IRC and Baba Watoto. Child protection interventions are implemented in Nduta. Mtendeli and Nyarugusu refugee camps. To improve the intervention, a number of needs and situational assessment have been conducted on yearly basis. This is to mitigate child protection risk related to refugee children in the refugee camps in Kigoma Region.
The Interagency Child Protection Assessment Consultant will work as the lead consultant and coordinate with Save the Children who are the primary contact agency for inter-agency child protection working group members during this exercise.
The consultant is expected to undertake the following tasks:
• Desk review of situation analysis, past interagency child protection assessment reports.
• Develop an assessment plan that includes strategies to collect and analyse qualitative and quantitative data.
• Analyse and produce an assessment report that presents the data that highlights significant findings on child protection concerns in refugee camps to inform future programming.
The consultant should possess the following;
• The consultant should have a minimum of a Master's degree, preferably in a social development discipline. In addition, he/she should have demonstrable experience in social research and a good appreciation of humanitarian programming contexts.
• Experience of working with refugee populations will be an added advantage.
• Should have demonstrated experience in mixed quantitative and qualitative data collection methodologies.
• The consultant should have demonstrated experience in child protection programming.
• Should have good analytical and report writing skills.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request for a ToR and Job description with detailed Information on the assessment exercise and required qualifications.
How To Apply:
Full applications should be sent to the address below or electronically at Tanzania.Tenders@savethechildren.org with the title 'IA CP Needs Assessment' no later than 10:00 a.m. (EAT) on Friday 08th November 2019.
Save the children International — Tanzania
Country Office, Plot No. 257 Kiko Avenue, Mwai Kibaki Road, Mikocheni
P.O. BOX 1041, Dar es Salaam - Tanzania
"Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolute, safe for children. We undertake rigorous procedures during the selection process Including background checks to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organisation.
All applicants will therefore be subject to this scrutiny.
Source: The Guardian 31st October 2019